November 2011 – The monument site was completed

In November 2011 , after a 3 and a half year saga, Harry Isbrucker, Ron Keymer, and François Ouellette have finished the monument site, with the installation of two historical interpretation panels, commemorating the 1895 railway accident. The project began in the spring of 2008, when we received a grant from the Memphrémagog MRC, via the Stanstead Historical Society. A little later, Harry Isbrucker met with Mary-Lou Lovering, granddaughter of the locomotive engineer who lost his life in this terrible accident that took place on what is now the Tomifobia Nature Trail. She kindly gave us the original photos that can be seen on the panels, while the texts have been written by Pierre Rastoul, archivist and director of the Colby Curtis Museum in Stanstead. Many thanks to Harry Isbrucker who spent so many hours on that project!

François Ouellette and Ron Keymer posing with one of the panels

Picture 1 of 3

This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.